Jenny Edwards interview: Overview
On a separate page: Selected quotes from this interview
Jenny Edwards is a member of the Faculty of Information Technology at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS), Australia since 1976. Jenny is the consummate mentor, encouraging a multitude of students in various disciplines to complete their dissertations and research.
In addition to her work at UTS, Jenny has maintained a joint research study agreement with IBM for nearly 20 years. In 2007, Jenny received a Carrick Associate Fellowship to study novice programmers, with specific attention to females.
This section includes the audio and transcript of the interview with Jenny Edwards, conducted on January 18, 2006 in Hobart, Tasmania by Barbara Boucher Owens.
Audio of interview [42 minutes]
PDF of interview transcript
[13 pages, 521 transcribed lines of text]
Other information about Jenny Edwards
- Jenny Edwards’s professional webpage at University of Technology, Sydney (via the Wayback Machine)
- Biographical page about Jenny Edwards as an Associate Fellow of the Australian Learning and Teaching Council (via the Wayback Machine)
- UTS article from May 5, 2008 about IT pioneer: Jenny Edwards (via the Wayback Machine)
- Article about Carrick funding awards in 2007 [via the Wayback Machine]
- ICT Careers Portal, Australian Computer Society, article about Information Age – ICT stalwart strives for better education research [via the Wayback Machine]
- ACM Digital Library Author Profile Page for Jenny Edwards
- DBLP publications list for Jenny Edwards
Video clip: An interesting conclusion to her career: Learning about teaching during a fellowship
- About 29 seconds; PDF transcript of video clip is located further down under the video
- This video clip is also available on CEOHP’s YouTube channel