Joy Teague interview: Overview
Sections on this page (click icon at right to open/close list)
On a separate page: Selected quotes from this interview
Joy Teague received her PhD in 2000 and immediately retired from the Deakin University, Geelong, Victoria, Australia. She worked for some time as a programmer before entering the teaching profession at the college level, where she was frequently the only woman in the department. Joy has conducted pioneering research into the experiences of women in computing.
At the time of this interview, Joy Teague was working as a private computer consultant.
This section includes the audio and transcript of the interview with Joy Teague, conducted on January 14, 2006 in Clifton Springs, Victoria by Barbara Boucher Owens.
Audio of interview [about 1 hour 5 minutes]
PDF of interview transcript
[24 pages, 1048 transcribed lines of text]
Other information about Joy Teague
- Webpage for Clancie Specialized Services, the consulting business started by Joy Teague and Barrie Hesketh (available via the Wayback Machine)
- Deakin University’s “Research Output” report for Joy Teague (available via the Wayback Machine)
- ACM Digital Library Author Profile Page for Joy Teague
- DBLP publications list for Joy Teague
Video clip: Starting or retiring? How a trip to China helped motivate doing research
- Recorded 4, 2008
- About 2 minutes 6 seconds; PDF transcript of video clip is located further down under the video
- This video clip is also available on CEOHP’s YouTube channel