John Impagliazzo interview: Overview
On a separate page: Selected quotes from this interview
John Impagliazzo joined the Computer Science Department at Hofstra University in 1984. He joined the faculty of Qatar University in 2009. He holds undergraduate degrees in both electronics and physics, masters degrees in engineering and mathematics and a Ph.D. in mathematics.
John is known throughout the world for his work in organizing conferences as well as in computing history. He is the author or co-author of six textbooks and over 60 papers and presentations. He served as the editor-in-chief of the publication inroads — the ACM SIGCSE Bulletin from 1997 until 2010, when he became editor-in-chief of the new ACM inroads magazine. John received the ACM SIGCSE Award for Lifetime Service in 2007, with the citation “For extraordinary services to computing education, with particular contributions to the SIGCSE Bulletin, to international conferences on computing history, to accreditation leadership, and to curricula development.”
At the time of this interview (2006), John Impagliazzo was Professor of Computer Science at Hofstra University.
This section includes the audio and transcript of the interview with John Impagliazzo, conducted on June 28, 2006 in Bologna, Italy by Alison Clear.
Audio of interview [44 minutes]
PDF interview transcript
[12 pages, 504 transcribed lines of text]
Other information about John Impagliazzo
- John Impagliazzo’s professional webpage at Hofstra University
- John Impagliazzo’s professional webpage at Qatar University (via the Wayback Machine)
- ACM Digital Library Author Profile Page for John Impagliazzo
- DBLP publication list for John Impagliazzo
Video clip: Retiring from Hofstra, new adventures in Qatar
- Recorded June 2006
- About 49 seconds; PDF transcript of video clip is located further down under the video
- This video clip is also available on CEOHP’s YouTube channel
Unable to embed the link — NEED TO FIX: https://youtu.be/qcfJYl5iQcY