Judith Gal-Ezer interview: Overview
On a separate page: Selected quotes from this interview
Judith Gal-Ezer is Professor of Computer Science at The Open University of Israel. Professor Gal-Ezer is an accomplished researcher in computer science education (CSE) whose work has had a widespread impact in the areas of high school curriculum and research in advanced areas of computation.
Judith Gal-Ezer was the 2007 recipient of the SIGCSE Award for Outstanding Contributions to Computer Science Education, with the citation “Outstanding researcher and curriculum designer who has carried out pioneering work involving teaching the essence of computer science on both the high school and university levels.” She was recognized for the IEEE Taylor L. Booth Education Award in 2015 for “outstanding research and its practical application in the field of computer science education”.
This section includes the audio and transcript of the interview with Judith Gal-Ezer, conducted on March 9, 2007 in Covington, KY USA by Barbara Boucher Owens.
Audio of interview [52 minutes]
PDF of interview transcript
[14 pages, 613 transcribed lines of text]
Other information about Judith Gal-Ezer
- Judith Gal-Ezer’s professional webpage at The Open University of Israel
- ACM Digital Library Author Profile Page for Judith Gal-Ezer
- DBLP list of publications for Judith Gal-Ezer
- Google Scholar profile for Judith Gal-Ezer
- Wikipedia article about Judith Gal-Ezer
Video clip: Differing expectations from parents
- Recorded March 2008
- About 57 seconds; PDF transcript of video clip is located further down under the video
- This video clip is also available on CEOHP’s YouTube channel