Tracy Camp interview: Overview
On a separate page: Selected quotes from this interview
Tracy Camp is a Full Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at the Colorado School of Mines. She is the Founder and Director of the Toilers, an active ad hoc networks research group. In 2006, Tracy Camp was named an ACM Distinguished Scientist and was also selected to be an ACM Distinguished Lecturer.
At the time of this interview (2007), Tracy Camp was a Full Professor at the Colorado School of Mines. She became an ACM Fellow in 2012, with the citation “For contributions in wireless networking and leadership in broadening participation in computing.”
This section includes the audio and transcript of the interview with Tracy Camp, conducted on May 29, 2007 in Golden, Colorado, USA by Barbara Boucher Owens.
Audio of interview [1 hour]
PDF of interview transcript
[18 pages, 761 transcribed lines of text]
Other information about Tracy Camp
- Tracy Camp’s professional webpage at Colorado School of Mines.
- Homepage for Toilers, Tracy Camp’s networks research group
- 2-part podcast (Part 1 and Part 2) by Stephen Ibaraki, June 2009, with Tracy Camp, Francine Berman, and Justine Cassell, “Noted panelists tour China speaking about emerging technologies in computing”
- ACM Digital Library Author Profile Page for Tracy Camp
- DBLP publications list for Tracy Camp
- Google Scholar profile for Tracy Camp
- Wikipedia article about Tracy Camp
Both of these clips were recorded March 2007. The PDF transcript of each follows below the video.
These video clips are also available on CEOHP’s YouTube channel