Katie Siek interview: Overview
Sections on this page (click icon at right to open/close list)
On a separate page: Selected quotes from this interview
Katie Siek earned her Ph.D from Indiana University in 2006 and began her career as an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department at University of Colorado, Boulder that same year. She led the Wellness Innovation and Interaction Lab, where she and her collaborators investigated approaches to integrating pervasive technologies in health and wellness environments. Her research interests include human computer interaction, ubiquitous computing, health informatics, and performance support systems.
At the time of this interview, Katie Siek was an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department at University of Colorado, Boulder. Currently Katie is an Associate Professor in the School of Informatics at Indiana University.
This section includes the audio and transcript of the interview with Katie Siek, conducted on October 3, 2008 in Keystone, Colorado by Vicki Almstrum.
Audio of interview [about 2 hours 7 minutes]
PDF interview transcript
Other information about Katie Siek
- Katie Siek’s professional homepage at the School of Informatics, Indiana University
- Indiana University’s profile page for Katie Siek
- ACM Digital Library Author Profile page for Katie Siek
- DBLP publication list for Katie Siek
- Google Scholar profile for Katie Siek
Video clip: Don’t let other people’s expectations affect your dreams
- Recorded October 3, 2008
- About 44 seconds; PDF transcript of video clip is located further down under the video
- This video clip is also available on CEOHP’s YouTube channel
UPDATE WHEN VIDEO IS PUBLISHED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS8yq5P2VwY