Henry Walker interview: Overview
On a separate page: Selected quotes from this interview
Henry Walker is the Samuel R. and Marie-Louise Rosenthal Professor of Natural Science and Mathematics Professor of Computer Science at Grinnell University in Grinnell, Iowa, USA, where he has taught since 1974. Henry served on the ACM SIGCSE Board for 17 years, serving as chair from 2001 – 2007.
In 2013, Henry Walker received the SIGCSE Award for Lifetime Service to Computer Science Education, with the citation “For dedication to the computing education community, including within SIGCSE and APCS, development of curricula and pedagogy, authoring articles and textbooks, creation and support of conference submission software, mentoring of students and faculty, and consulting with departments to advance excellence in computing education.”
This section includes the audio and transcript of the interview with Henry Walker, conducted on March 9, 2013, in Denver, Colorado, USA by Barbara Boucher Owens.
Audio of interview [about 1 hour and 34 minutes]
PDF interview transcript
[22 pages, 943 transcribed lines of text]
Other information about Henry Walker
- Henry Walker’s professional webpage at Grinnell College
- Materials from Henry Walker’s Keynote at SIGCSE 2013
- ACM Digital Library Author Profile for Henry Walker
Video clip: Binary Search and a Phonebook
- About 1 minute 34 seconds; PDF transcript of video clip is located further down under the video
- This video clip is also available on CEOHP’s YouTube channel