ACM Karl V. Karlstrom Award
The ACM Karl V. Karlstrom Outstanding Educator Award is presented annually to an outstanding educator who is appointed to a recognized educational baccalaureate institution:
- recognized for advancing new teaching methodologies, or
- effecting new curriculum development or expansion in Computer Science and Engineering, or
- making a significant contribution to the educational mission of the ACM
Below are the CEOHP interviewees who have been recognized with this honor.
- Hal Abelson Interview: OverviewOverview page for the CEOHP interview with Hal Abelson, professor at MIT and a founding director of Creative Commons.
- Matthias Felleisen interview: OverviewOverview page for CEOHP interview with Matthias Felleisen, cited for creating a design-focused introductory curriculum and for educational outreach programs for pre-college students.
- Nell Dale Interview: OverviewOverview page for CEOHP interview with Nell Dale, widely known for her textbooks for introductory computing courses and her pioneering work in Computer Science Education Research.